Monday, February 2, 2009

Trypophobia



For the longest time I have known to be scared of holes, holes in wall, holes in the ground, holes anywhere, even the hole in the bathtub which I always try to stay on the opposite side of when I'm taking a shower, but one day I was browsing the internets as always and I figured out that there was a word for my phobia. It's Trypophobia! By definition the T word stands for the fear of holes, cracks and/or clusters; An irrational or obsessive fear of holes, cracks and/or clusters, or what might hide inside them.

Now as I read along all the symptoms clicked with me and I looked at the pictures that came along with it. They gave me goosebumps, and other horrible horrible feelings I've never had, but at the same time I had a strange curiosity for coming back to look at them. It's like I'm trying to subject myself to pain willingly. Now I can say I have a phobia. woo! It was pretty hard putting these pictures up to so please enjoy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have this phobia too the pictures in some way repulse me but for some inexplicable reason I find myself searching these images im typing this message at 2:30 in the morning because a knot in the wood of the head board of my bed freaked me out and am now sleeping on the couch its ridiculous im 26 year old have had this phobia for a little over 5 years now which has manifested since it started to the point it has caused me to suffer from eczema I think I need serious help in overcoming it as it has seriously affected my life. It should also be noted I myself only discovered it had a name "Trypophobia" about 2 weeks ago I must cure it so my friend know you are not alone in this.